Last night, Nintendo dropped a fifteen minute video out of nowhere detailing Challenger Pack 1 and Version 3.0. Smash 3.0 and Joker will release tonight, April 17th. Here are all of the details:
Challenger Pack 1: Joker from Persona 5
Joker has finally been officially revealed! With an in depth look at his moveset, we now know everything about Joker! Joker, the protagonist from Persona 5, joins the battle! Joker is fighter #71 in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and he is the first of five DLC fighters in the Fighter’s Pass. Joker has a very unique moveset in Smash Ultimate, pulling many references from Persona 5. Here are some of Joker’s notable moves from his moveset:
- Neutral Special – Gun (Press repeatedly or hold to rapid fire)
- Up Special – Grappling Hook (Can be used to grab enemies or ledges)
- Side Special – Eiha (Weak attack, but deals additional damage over time)
- Down Special – Rebel’s Guard (Hold to charge up Joker’s Persona meter)
When Joker’s Persona meter fills up, he summons Arsene. Arsene will assist Joker until the gauge runs out, and Arsene is invincible to attacks. Arsene gives Joker a big power boost to his attacks. Here are some of the moves when Joker summons Arsene:
- Neutral Special – Gun Special (Each shot now fires three bullets)
- Up Special – Wings of Rebellion (Uses Arsene’s wings to glide upwards)
- Side Special – Eigaon (Larger blast inflicts longer lasting damage to opennents)
- Down Special – Tetrakarn (Melee) & Makarakarn (Projectiles)
Joker’s Final Smash is All-Out Attack, and brings the Phantom Thieves to help Joker take down his foes. Joker’s taunts brings Morgana by his side, plus Morgana is in his victory screens. Joker’s victory screen is the same one in Persona 5, and the music is the same as well.
Joker’s stage is Mementos, and has quite a few tricks up its sleeve. Mementos has trains that run on the bottom and top of the stage from time to time, and occasionally hazards will appear on the right and left sides. Also, the Phantom Thieves will appear on Mementos! Finally, the stage can change colors / themes. When music from Persona 5 is played, the stage is red. Persona 4 music means that the stage will turn blue, and Persona 3 music turns the stage yellow. Mementos is the 101st stage is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
There are a total of eleven music tracks coming in Challenger Pack 1. They are from Persona 5, Persona 4, and Persona 3. From Persona 5, there are five music tracks. These include:
- Last Surprise
- Beneath The Mask (New Arrangement)
- Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
- Rivers In The Desert
- Our Beginning
From Persona 4, there are 3 music tracks. These include:
- Reach Out To The Truth
- I’ll Face Myself (New Arrangement)
- Time To Make History
From Persona 3, there are 2 music tracks. These include:
- Mass Destruction
- Battle Hymn Of The Soul
There is also a music track titled “Aria Of The Soul (New Arrangement)”, but it is not under a category.
Joker will release tonight, April 17th, at 8:30PM CT / 9:30PM ET. The price for Challenger Pack 1 is $5.99, and he is included in the Fighter’s Pass priced at $24.99.