After Bungie’s reveal of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Destiny 2: New Light a lot of confusion has been around regarding how content is going to be delivered and sold with […]
After Bungie’s reveal of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Destiny 2: New Light a lot of confusion has been around regarding how content is going to be delivered and sold with the introduction of a Free to Play element to the game. This article aims to answer the most recurrent questions regarding the game’s updates and DLCs after Shadowkeep and New Light release.
What is Destiny 2: New Light?
Destiny 2: New Light is a Free to Play release that contains:
- Remastered Destiny 1 intro mission, A Guardian rises.
- All content released during the first year of the game (Destiny 2, Curse of Osiris and Warmind)
- All current and upcoming Strike missions
- Crucible: Destiny 2’s arena PvP playlist
- Gambit: PvPvE gamemode where 2 teams race against each other to defeat enemies, bank points and invade the other team to set back their progress
- All current and future explorable zones (including the upcoming Moon patrol)
- New weapons and limited time events throughout the year
- Select premium content (No details)
Is New Light a separate download to Destiny 2?
No, the base game is turning into New Light with the October 1st update.
Is Forsaken and its Annual Pass included with New Light or Shadowkeep?
No, Forsaken + Forsaken: Annual Pass is gonna be sold separately.
Is Forsaken needed to play Shadowkeep?
No, all upcoming DLCs dont require any previous purchases to be obtained.
How do DLCs work after Shadowkeep?
From October 2019 through August 2020 there will be 4 seasons of content separate to Shadowkeep. Each season lasts for 3 months and the content for it is released weekly.
Examples of seasonal calendars:
With the purchase of Shadowkeep you get the current running seasion for free, the Digital Deluxe edition includes all 4 seasons or you can buy each season separately for 10 USD each.
Does the seasonal content dissappear when the season is over?
Free seasonal content is changed every season
Paid seasonal content never dissapears and can be played even after its corresponding season is over.
Whats the free seasonal content?
- Seasonal limited events (with limited time rewards)
- New legendary weapon quests
- Seasonal legendary weapons
- Crucible maps
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Destiny 2: New Light release on October 1st for Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.