Hello Games’ founder, Sean Murray, shared details on the upcoming Synthesis update for No Man’s Sky on the PlayStation Blog today. This is the game’s eighth free update, filled with […]
Hello Games’ founder, Sean Murray, shared details on the upcoming Synthesis update for No Man’s Sky on the PlayStation Blog today. This is the game’s eighth free update, filled with fan requested content, and it is a big’un.
- Multiple Multi-Tools: when one Multi-Tool is not enough!
- Terrain Editor Enhancements: flatten or restore terrain at the press of a button.
- VR Creature Riding: saddle up on your favorite pet in full Virtual Reality.
- First Person Exocraft: now available to non-VR and VR players alike.
- Personal Refiner: refine materials on the go, wherever you are.
- Multiple Outfits: save a range of custom outfits to quick change into.
- VR Photo Mode: see an amazing vista in PS VR? Shoot it and share it.
- Starship Scrapping and Upgrading: trade in unwanted ships for valuable technologies or upgrade them.
- New Technologies: long-distance inventory management; mid-air jetpack recharging; emergency warping to flee from combat.
- New Base Parts: square is good, triangle is better!
- Starship Space Map Enhancements: improved quality and clarity of the visuals.
- …and much much more!
Sean mentioned that though this is already a huge list, more impactful content is coming.
It’s a huge list, but here at the studio we are working on something even more impactful. We just couldn’t wait to release these key features that we knew so many folks in the community were crying out for.Sean Murray
What an amazing journey this has been for the game! The only other game with this kind of resurgence that I can think of is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
The Synthesis Update is scheduled to drop November 28, 2019 on PS4.