Mojang’s latest snapshot adds a load of new content. This is the massive Nether update that will contain new ores, biomes, and multiple other exciting stuff!
From the Mojang blog;
- Two new wood-like materials – Crimson Stems and Warped Stems
- Basalt blocks – you can find them as pillars but they can be placed in any direction
- New ground surface blocks: Crimson Nylium and Warped Nylium
- New vegetation: Nether Sprouts, Crimson Roots and Warped Roots
- Two types of Fungi: Crimson and Warped – try using bone meal to grow them!
- Warped Wart blocks
- Weeping Vines that grow from the bottom of a block downwards!
- A new natural light source: Shroomlights
- Added Soul Soil! Whenever fire burns on Soul Soil, it burns with a blue flame!
- Soul Soil can be used to craft Soul Torches – and those can be crafted into Soul Lanterns!
- Using bone meal on Netherrack can now spread Nylium
- Crimson nylium carpets the cave floor with all kinds of strange new vegetation
- Huge Crimson Fungi make up the “trees” of this forest, with Shroomlights lighting up the forest floor
- Weeping Vines grow from the cave ceilings and fungi
- Hoglins wander these forests
- Crimson spores swirl through the air
- An open space made mostly of Soul Sand and Soul Soil
- Basalt pillars span from floor to ceiling
- Fossil remains of unknown creatures from the past litter the valley
- Ash falls through the air
- A light blue glow envelopes the valley
- Beware of Skeletons here!
- Warped nylium carpets the cave floor with all kinds of strange new vegetation
- Huge Warped Fungi make up the “trees” of this forest, with Shroomlights lighting up the forest floor
- A dark blue fog covers the forest
- Warped spores swirl through the air
- The Warped Forests are strange, but also the least hostile place of Nether
- A new high-level material found in the Nether. Use it to upgrade your diamond gear!
How to make Netherite
- Mine Ancient Debris in the lower depths of the Nether. At own risk. No insurance coverage for that
- Refine it into Netherite Scrap in a Furnace (although that’s kind of slow so you might want a Blast Furnace)
- Combine 4 Nether Scrap with 4 Gold Ingots in a crafting table to make a Netherite Ingot
- Netherite items float in lava so you don’t lose all your gear after that unplanned lava bath
- Netherite items have higher enchantment value than diamond (but not as high as gold)
- Netherite tools work faster and last longer than diamond
- Netherite weapons do more damage than diamond
- Netherite armor have higher toughness and durability than diamond
- Netherite armor gives you knockback resistance, so you barely get knocked back at all when hit by arrows and such
- …and it looks cool!
- The old Nether biome is now called Nether Wastes
- Made shipwrecks and ocean ruins a bit less common, so you get more excited when you find one!
We have @Hugman_76’s Tweet right here showcasing the armor and weapons:
Another Tweet from @MineCube_News1 shows all the items showcased against a wall:
The update is available now on PC and macOS via a screenshot update (full update will likely take place later this year).